The allure of pumpkin pie becomes irresistible, signaling the arrival of Thanksgiving. For those embracing a gluten-free lifestyle, the challenge lies in capturing the essence of this classic dessert without compromising on the flaky, buttery crust that defines pumpkin pie perfection. Elevate your Thanksgiving dessert table with a gluten-free pumpkin pie that's as decadent as it is inclusive, ensuring everyone can savor the flavors of the season without compromise.
- 1 gluten free pie crust
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 15 oz can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups canned coconut milk, whisked together
- Follow instructions for pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place oven rack to the lowest shelf or next to lowest.
- In a small bowl whisk together sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together and then add in the pumpkin and the sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Add in coconut milk and then whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour pie mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Carefully place in oven
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes at 425 and then reduce oven temperature to 350 and continue baking for 50-55 minutes.
- Serve with coconut whipping cream if desired