The sweet and savory aroma of sweet potato casserole wafting through the kitchen is a cherished prelude to Thanksgiving festivities. For those embracing a gluten-free lifestyle, the challenge lies in transforming this traditional dish into a gluten-free masterpiece without compromising on the rich, comforting flavors. Elevate your holiday table with a gluten-free sweet potato casserole that's bound to become a new seasonal favorite
- 3 cups of sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (for the topping)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/6 cup gluten free multi-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp free butter
- 1/2- 1 cup gluten free marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, and wash and dry sweet potatoes.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 30 minutes until soft all the way through.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes and then peel the skin off of the potatoes. Slice the peeled potatoes, and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Add butter, milk and spices to the mixing bowl and mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Next, add whisked eggs and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy; about 5 minutes.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into a 1.5 quart casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Make your pecan crumble topping while the sweet potatoes are baking with chopped pecans, gluten free flour and brown sugar. Set your marshmallows off to the side.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven. Add your pecan crumble and marshmallows to the top
- Place the dish back in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.